Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dr. Repellent®?
Dr. Repellent® is a U.S. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) – compliant natural insect spray with proprietary blend of sulphur and pure essential oils that are considered botanical repellents and insecticides. Dr. Repellent® is 15-30 times stronger than any other natural repellents in the market because it has combined not just one but eight naturally sourced ingredients with repelling and insecticidal properties - against flying, biting and sucking insects. This product is ideal for indoor and outdoor use by any age population (except infants 0-2 months), especially in areas with known infestation of specific insect. See Ingredients and How it Works sections to read more about the mechanisms of action of Dr. Repellent®.
How does Dr. Repellent® differ from other “green” pesticides currently on the market?
Dr. Repellent’s® strongest suit against other “Green” repellents / pesticides is its versatility. This repellent can adapt to different functions and activities. As compared to products that use a single plant oil, Dr. Repellent®’s formulation is comprised of premium plant oil blends and sulfur that make it significantly more effective against insects and other pests. Another key benefit is that, unlike many on the market, there is no known pest resistance to Dr. Repellent’s® natural active ingredients.
Dr. Repellent® is also safe to use around people, pets and the environment. Sulfur and natural plant oils found in the ingredients are extremely toxic to insects as it targets and blocks a neuro-receptor called octopamine that is specific only to insects.
Why does the product smell like plants?
The scent of Dr. Repellent® is inherent from the different botanical oils present in the ingredients. These same natural oils are commonly used in other consumer products for fragrance purposes.
Does your product have a fragrance?
Dr. Repellent® formulates their products to make the fragrance as pleasant, soft and non-lingering as possible. In fact, many of those who uses Dr. Repellent® are not overwhelmed or nauseated by it. Because some people sensitive to fragrance, Dr. Repellent® recommends testing the product in a small area before using over a larger area indoors.
Why is there no EPA registration number on your product labels?
This product is EPA EXEMPT as minimum risk and therefore, not registered. Satisfies 25b criteria. For more information, visit the website: http://www.epa.gov/oppbppd1/biopesticides/regtools/25b_list.htm
Is Dr. Repellent® as effective as conventional pesticides?
Dr. Repellent® is laboratory-tested and field-proven to be very safe and effective. It has provided natural pest control solutions to commercial markets for over three years.
Why does labels say “kills and repels”?
The combination of natural ingredients and oils in Dr. Repellent® have a similar characteristic to octopamine, an insects’ version of adrenaline, which can regulate heart rate, metabolism, movement and behavior. Dr. Repellent® is improved and tested to provide a unique combination of active ingredients that can both kill on contact and impact insect behavior, such as repelling for a longer period of time.
What is the best way to minimize / eliminate the fragrance of your indoor products?
Any fragrance that comes from Dr. Repellent® does not come from toxic chemicals but from natural plant oils in the ingredients. The fragrance will dissipate on its own over a short period of time. However, the “strength” and “longevity” of the fragrance is a function of several factors, including how much product was used, where the product was used, if the product was applied to any absorbent surfaces (i.e. carpet, upholstery, etc.), the relative humidity in the area sprayed, the amount of air circulation in the area sprayed, etc.
If you find that the fragrance is too strong and/or lingers too long there are several things you can do to minimize it:
- Ventilate the room. To circulate the air, fans should be used and windows, opened.
- Clean up any excess material. Wipe up excess residues on hard surfaces. Use absorbent materials (recommend baking soda products) to pull up remaining product on carpet, fabric and upholstery.
- If fragrance is still troublesome, try using either an enzymatic product or odor counteractant product. Follow instructions on the product label and allow enough time for odor removal.
- Clean the area with a detergent and water as a final step to remove any remaining residues.
Is Dr. Repellent® as effective as conventional products?
Yes. Dr. Repellent® as compared to conventional products, is an ideal repellent that is effective against mosquitoes, flies, fleas and gnats among others. It is easily applicable, non-sensitizing, non-irritating, non-toxic, and economical. Laboratory research and field studies have proven Dr. Repellent® natural product as effective as conventional pesticides in their ability to kill insects fast and provide effective control.
Do you have a warranty?
Dr. Repellent® is manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure safety, efficacy and consistency of Dr. Repellent®’s formula in every finished product.We have great confidence on our product that it will work effectively. If within 30 days you are not impressed by the real results of Dr. Repellent® return the product(s) for your money back. No restrictions and definitely no stipulations. All products purchased through Dr. Repellent® under warranty may be returned for replacement or full/partial credit.
How does Dr. Repellent® work?
Dr. Repellent®’s technology is based on the natural defenses that plants and trees use for their self-protection against insects and pathogens. Unlike other botanical pesticides, Dr. Repellent®’s formulas are composed of the most effective combinations of organic plant oils. Dr. Repellent®’s patented technology combines plant oils that target and block a key neurotransmitter receptor site found only in insects and other invertebrates.
Can Dr. Repellent® be used on animals?
Dr. Repellent® does not currently produce any products for on animal use.
How often do I need to reapply Dr. Repellent®?
We recommend reapplication after 3 hours.
Is Dr. Repellent® also for outdoor use?
Yes, it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Can I spray my dog or cat with Dr. Repellent®?
Dr. Repellent® has not been tested on animals. It may not be as effective as when used on humans.
Can I use Dr. Repellent® on or around trees, shrubs and other plants?
Yes, because of its natural ingredients it can be safely used around trees, shrubs and other plants.
Labels and Ingredients
Can you explain the uses of Dr. Repellent® ingredients” that are listed on your labels?
Will Dr. Repellent® be harmful to our pets, such as dogs or cats?
No. Dr. Repellent® is safe to use around dogs, cats or other animals.
How safe is Dr. Repellent® ?
Remember these important points to use repellents safely:
- Applying the product.
- Follow the label directions to ensure proper use.
- Apply repellents only to exposed skin and/or clothing and/or surfaces.
- Do not apply near eyes and mouth, and apply sparingly around ears.
- When using sprays, do not spray directly into face; spray on hands first and then apply to face.
- Never use repellents over cuts, wounds, or irritated skin.
- Do not spray in enclosed areas.
- Avoid breathing a spray product.
- Do not use it near food.
Where can I buy Dr. Repellent®?
Dr. Repellent® is available at www.drrepellent.com
Can I place an order over the phone?
Yes, absolutely. Our Customer Care Representatives will be ready to assist you. You can reach us at 1-844-DRREPEL (1-844-377-3735)
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept major credit card (VISA, MASTER CARD and AMEX) payments via the secure payment gateways. You will be asked to confirm your details before proceeding to the payment page. If you need to make changes following the completion of payment contact our Support team. See Contact Us page.
When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged as soon as you’ve finished checking out.
How do I know my order has shipped?
You will receive an auto email stating that your order has shipped. It will also include the tracking number.
How do you calculate shipping charges?
What is your refund policy?
The Company operates a 30-day money back guarantee policy. To be accepted for return on this basis, keep the following in mind:
- Item should be returned to the company within 30 days from dispatch date.
- Shipping and Handling Fees are Non Refundable. For orders which were shipped free (via standard shipping), an amount of $9.95 will be deducted from the invoice value of goods.
- Unopened items are entitled to full merchandise refund.
- Any Goods returned that are opened or used (within the 30-day money back guarantee), will be subjected to a minimum restocking fee of 20% of the invoice value of the Goods.
Products purchased through Dr. Repellent® under warranty may be returned for replacement or full/partial credit by following these steps:
- Fill up the Returns Form or Contact Dr. Repellent® Customer Service Dept. at 1-844-DRREPEL (1-844-377-3735) option 2 to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
- Return the authorized item(s) per shipping instructions. Each returned item MUST be independently listed on this form.
- RMA can be obtained by logging on to your account or by contacting our Customer Service dept. 1-844-DRREPEL (1-844-377-3735)
- For all merchandise returned to Dr. Repellent® shipping costs will be deducted from the credit or refund.
The Customer should return the Goods to the warehouse it originated, clearly quoting the Returns Material Authorization Number (RMA), Customer’s name and order number on the outside of the package.